Pages

Welcome to the discussion!

Please do keep comments on topic vice about any particular contributor. Derogatory comments will be deleted.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Ignite Talk presented during 7th Annual C5ISR Summit

It depends. If I am to speak ten minutes, I need a week for preparation; if fifteen minutes, three days; if half an hour, two days; if an hour, I am ready now. -- Woodrow Wilson, upon being asked by a member of his cabinet about the amount of time he spent preparing speeches
I was chosen to deliver an Ignite Talk during this month's C5ISR Government and Industry Partnership Summit in North Charleston, SC.  My students will attest I have been known to burn through about 100 slides on a Monday evening from 6pm to 9pm during the C4ISR class at UCSD Extension.  But 5 minutes, using 20 slides, flipped automatically every 15 seconds was a real challenge.  Also delivering Ignite Talks were IBM, Dell, Microsoft, Nova Power Solutions, Spry Methods and half a dozen other innovative companies.  On the sage advice of a great man I truly admire, I endeavored to allow the slides to do most of the talking about the government's need for Unstructured Testing.  If the summit's Ignite Talks are ever published, I'll endeavor to include a link here.  The 20 slides are on my iPad, which I take almost everywhere... have elevator pitch will travel.              

No comments: